6 Important Questions to ask yourself when building your SEO-Friendly website
Search engine friendly website design is imperative to an online marketing strategy of any business. To succeed, your site should not only look good, but also be built and optimized for various search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, and more. SEO-friendly websites help you create a strong foundation for web search, generate substantial engagement for your product or brand, and grow your sales & revenue. Here are the top six questions for every marketer, designer, and programmer who wants to create an SEO friendly website.
Question 1. How can I improve the structure of my site?
- A well-structured website delivers the best possible experience to your users. Make sure your visitors easily find the information they are looking for.
- Before you start work on a design or create any web page, you should plan a sitemap that is SEO friendly.
- You should use URLs that are simple to understand and remember, and convey clear content information to users.
- Keep your website navigation system simple so users can navigate around it without getting lost or confused. Do not use complicated functionality in your sites, for example, creating an intricate drop-down list.
Question 2. How important is it to use indexable content in your website design?
- Almost all search engines index content in HTML or text format and crawl your website if it is in the same form.
- If you want your website to perform better, then always provide content in the HTML format.
- Assign images, links, and text with appropriate attributes and tags in HTML.
- The latest version HTML5 reduces the load time and speeds up the browsing process, which is vital for search rankings.
- If your site’s code is written with an older version of HTML, then it might be worth updating the structure and content accordingly.
- Compelling & quality content are most likely to get recognized by users and perform better in search engine listing.
Question 3. What are the main points to consider while using Keywords?
- SEO of any website or web page entirely revolves around keywords. To boost a website’s trust and authority, you need to build backlinks to the site and create content based on the keywords that you have chosen.
- For example, if you target the keyword ‘website design’ and want it to rank higher in the search engines, then ensure that your site includes ‘website design’ keyword within it.
- Using too many keywords at the same time, with the sole purpose of increasing search rating for the site can make your content non-indexable.
Question 4. How can I make my website’s URL SEO friendly?
- Your website’s URL must be SEO friendly so that a user can understand what to expect on the page by reading a URL.
- For example, an URL-“https://www.homeappliance.com/products/item16?=3077” is not an SEO friendly link. It does not help the user and search engines to determine what your web page is about.
- Your link should be something like https://www.homeappliance.com/shop/dishwashers.
- Also, do not include too many categories in the link, for example, https://www.homeappliance.com/shop/kitchen-appliance/electronics/dishwashers.
- To separate words in your URL, you should use hyphens instead of underscores. Search engines set ranking of a website after crawling the URL name, theme, and its content.
Question 5. Why promotions and analysis are important for the site?
- When you promote the website through blogs, social media, or other digital marketing methods, you get more client-traffic to your site.
- You can find many online platforms and tools to promote your website depending on the desired result you want and your marketing budget.
- To ensure that the promotions are being done in the right manner, marketers need to analyze the user-traffic of their website on a regularly basis.
Question 6. Why my website should be mobile-friendly?
- The mobile industry has been completely transformed over the last few decades. Nowadays, almost everyone uses smartphones or tablets to search for any business information and to stay in touch with people.
- More than 65% internet searches take place on mobile devices, including tablets and smartphones than on computers or laptops.
- A responsive mobile site helps to generate more leads, improve your company’s visibility, and give an ultimate lift to augment your business productivity and bottom line.
- If you need a mobile-friendly site or design, then you can hire a professional website design company in Carlsbad and acquire their top-notch services.
A professional, SEO-friendly website is a perfect blend of technology and creativity. Make a few modifications to your website this week, and see how it affects its search engine ranking.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, feel free to contact us.