The 10 Must-Have Features for Your Website
Small businesses or enterprises always require a great marketing channel for expanding their business and make end users aware of their operations. It is a well-known fact that website design is of paramount importance to every business, whether new or established. It is the most lucrative way to drive substantial profits to your business. But the problem is that you’re competing with many companies and their websites. And with so many alternatives, if someone does land on your site, then you need to make the most of that opportunity, or else they will leave.
Here are some of the key features that will help you in driving new traffic to your website, grow your business, and retain the old clients.
1. Compelling home page: Whether it is your very first business website or you are revamping your current site for preceding the quality of your business products and services, the impression key is your Home Page. In fact, it is a form of an online handshake of the virtual world between a buyer and seller. The more captivating your website’s homepage is, the more people it lures, which in turn generates more leads.
2. Core features: Every year we see the new elements, features, and styles in website design begin to emerge. Here, are some of the essential features which help your site to look stunning and also make it easily accessible for your visitors.
- Domain name – use a name that’s simple to read and memorize.
- Logo – use a unique graphic mark or visual symbol of your business.
- Tagline – Describe your business in a nutshell.
- Phone number – put a clickable phone number.
- Call-to-Action button – helps visitors to get in touch or contact you.
- Image or Slider – display unique selling points or promotions.
- Quality content – your product info, a business plan, or services described for visitors.
- Navigation – ensure that there is a transparent navigation bar on every page.
3. Crucial business information: ‘Be clear. Be specific. Be informative.” Don’t hide behind fluffy descriptions and generic statements that could apply to any business such as “We’re committed to excellence and customer satisfaction.” Depending on your business, you should evaluate your products, services, and practices that fall into the realm of “information.” This information should be accurate, apparent, and easily found.
4. Contact details: It is not wrong to say that one of the most crucial business details is the contact information, which is why it has its separate section on the homepage. Provide your phone number, email, company address, and it should always appear on all the pages of your website. Make sure it is valid and easily accessible so that your potential clients can contact you without any hassle.
5. Social media integration: ‘Google+. Facebook. Tumblr. Pinterest. YouTube. LinkedIn. Foursquare. Twitter.’ Linking these diverse social media platforms to your website will help you to boost SEO, improve your business, and promote your online brand.
6. A mobile-ready version: According to statistics, smartphones and tablets drive more than 51% of the total traffic, whereas only 48% of the visits are from traditional computing platforms like desktop, laptop, etc. So, if your business website has not stepped up to a mobile-ready version yet, there is no doubt that you are missing out on a majority of internet users. The mobile-friendly website makes browsing your site easier, which brings in more customers. So, if you do not wish to get left behind in search results on mobile devices, don’t wait any longer and get your website mobile-ready at the earliest!
7. Precise navigation: Poor website navigation confuses visitors and sends them into uncharted territory. Navigation should be clear and simple. Place navigation bar in the usual places such as at the top, footer, or left-hand side. These locations are the basic one and most acceptable way of directing people to the internal links of your website. Navigation should be descriptive so that your visitors know exactly where to click or what to expect.
8. Call-to-action button: Keep your goal in mind. Remember, the whole purpose of having a website is to convince someone to take action, whether it is to subscribe to your website, contact you, or purchase a product or service. So, add a call-to-action button on every page, even on the internal pages. Be a little creative with your words. Also, don’t forget to add your phone number.
9. Website hosting: Don’t mess around with your website hosting. The sheer number of hosting agencies competing for your website and business can be a bit overwhelming, but your site needs a secure and fast web hosting company to get launched and perform better than other web portals. It costs you a handful of dollars, so choose wisely. You can find a reliable, affordable, and reputable website design company in Carlsbad, California, and other surrounding areas.
10. Web security: Both Websites and the internet are prone to hacking. So, as a marketer, if you are selling anything on your site, then put some extra efforts into securing it by using SSL, HTTPS, and TLS certificates. These licenses encrypt communication between you and your consumer and activate a secure gateway for payment protection.
Planning makes everything perfect. Once you’ve found a domain name, it’s time to take some big decisions and develop your business website. For building a quality site, you can use an authorized digital agency with a proven track record and an impressive portfolio.